My Experience With the HCG Diet

Woman Thinking About What to Do
I am thinking about going on The HCG Diet

My blood sugar went completely out of control recently.

It soared to over 200 mg/dl after meals.

At first, I thought I had been glutened. Then, when it continued to plague me longer than it should have, I realized that maybe all of the flea bomb chemicals I was exposed to a couple of months ago might have killed off some additional beta cells.

My body was acting like I wasn't making enough insulin.




As a result, I was left with no choice but to return to the Atkins Diet. I needed to get my glucose levels back under control.

Once that happens, I can begin to slowly add the carbs back in.

Sugar is Worse Than Starches for Me


Lately, I've discovered that sugar seems to be a greater culprit than starches. I have been getting sugar from places I didn't realize like:
  • Lawry's garlic salt
  • Lawry's seasoning salt
  • McCormick taco seasoning
Since I used to use fresh garlic rather than salt, and I have always made my own taco seasoning mix, the little bit of sugar in the seasoning salt has never affected me.

With the radical change in my lifestyle lately, however, I've just been trying to get by.


I never thought about what did or didn't have sugar, especially since I was able to eat it while remaining gluten free before I was exposed to those darned flea bomb chemicals.

Looking Into the HCG Diet Protocol


Now that the blood sugar levels have normalized, I've been thinking about what I want to do with my diet.

I confess that I have fallen into the HCG diet craze. The holistic chiropractor I see for the vertigo first brought the idea up several months ago. A friend of his went on the HCG diet protocol and had great success with it.

Since it was similar to Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Diet, a protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF Diet), I didn't take any of it to heart. At the time, I thought it was a bunch of bunk.

But now?

Now, I'm not so sure.

When the chiro brought it up again the last time I was there, I thought I should at least look into it before judging, so I took a trip over to Low Carb Friends where they have an HCG diet section now.

I wanted to see what it was really all about.

The point of the program, besides getting the fat off quickly, is about resetting the hypothalamus.

The hypothalamus regulates the body's set point. Between studying the hypothalamus this past week and the research I did on the set-point theory earlier, I started looking closer at what I originally thought was a low-carb gimmick.

What I discovered was that most people who condemn the program and laugh at all the folks being duped out of their money (including myself) haven't looked into its claims. They just assume that the HCG hormone is a gimmick since this diet program is being proclaimed as a fat-loss miracle.

They believe that any 500-calorie diet would produce the same kind of results. However, that wasn't what Dr. Simeon found.

Role of HCG in the Body


Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone that pregnant women produce. It's what a pregnancy test measures.

According to Dr. Simeon, one of HCG's roles in the body is to release stubborn fat into the bloodstream for the extra energy a pregnant woman needs to feed and care for a fetus.

Since those who enter into Dr. Simeon's HCG Protocol are not pregnant and there's no baby to support, a very low-calorie no-fat diet is used to burn off the fat that the body releases from its fat stores.

At the same time, HCG is supposed to reset the hypothalamus, speed up the metabolism, and suppress the appetite.

Dr. Simeon found that more than 500 calories, plus certain foods that were lower in calories than what he was currently allowing on the program, would slow or halt fat loss.

This proved to him that it wasn't just about the calories and that a particular deficit in combination with certain foods were both necessary to achieve the best results.

There are a lot of individuals who testify to how well the program works, including my chiropractor's friend who has had no trouble maintaining her losses since she went off the diet.

Thinking About Giving the hHCG Diet a Try


I'm seriously thinking about giving Dr. Simeon's HCG protocol a try. I have ordered a bottle of homeopathic hHCG drops (which will be here tomorrow or Thursday).

At this point in my weight loss journey, it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere, especially since all of my efforts to return carbs to my diet has only resulted in my weight climbing upward again. Plus, the blood sugar is still going wacky.

I was hoping that a modified South Beach Diet would work for me, but so far it hasn't worked any better than the Atkins Diet did. Dairy really inflames me, and the hHCG Protocol doesn't include dairy.

*UPDATE: The hHCG Diet worked very well for me. I lost about 30 pounds in as little as 8 weeks. What I didn't know at that time was that I have Grave's Disease. That was what was causing the wonky blood sugars.

Unfortunately, I was not able to sustain the weight loss. While the HCG protocol does take the weight off, you have to stay low calorie to keep the weight off. There is no such thing as resetting the hypothalamus. That theory has not been found to be true.

Homeopathic drops are no longer legal.


Comments

  1. Vickie, thanks for sharing! I hope you find that HCG worked for you! I recently began working as the Marketing Manager for HCG Total Fat Loss. It's so exciting to hear about everyone's journey with HCG. If there's anything we can do to help you on your journey, please don't hesitate to contact us.

    blog: http://hcgtotalfatloss.blogspot.com/
    website: www.hcgtotalfatloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post without any doubt. The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hcg is totally new venture for those who have been struggling from long time this is the best vaccine for diet and to make your body perfect.A very nice informational blog.Keep on making such important blog post.Your work is really being appreciated by some one.
    Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Online & Hcg Diet Drops

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment