I'm Starting a New Blog. Here's Why.

Note: Important
With only five more years before hubby retires, it's time to think about what I want to do with my writing.

Right now, I have divided myself into several blogs -- four blogs to be exact -- which is making me feel a little scattered and stretched out.

I often feel overwhelmed, and I don't have enough time to give myself completely to any one of them -- including this one.

Having four blogs has required me to keep my attention and efforts divided.


Come retirement, it's going to be really, really difficult -- even more difficult than it is right now -- to keep up with four blogs, so I came to the realization a couple of years ago that I need to trim down my writing efforts and focus on just one project instead of four.

Except, I just couldn't decide which blog to keep and which blogs to let go.
  • I thought, I was dragging my feet.
  • I thought, I was afraid of making a mistake.
But I've also come to realize that the truth is this:

The majority of my blogs just aren't me anymore.
  • I'm not doing low carb; I'm doing lower carb.
  • I'm not doing Weight Watchers; I'm just using a common-sense style of eating right now.
  • I'm not keeping us on a food budget; I'm cooking gluten free, but using a practical, affordable approach in the kitchen.
  • I'm also not as sensitive to gluten as I used to be; although, I'm still more sensitive than the average celiac.
  • I AM still writing, but I don't have that blog anymore, as I deleted it when all of the posts became obsolete a few years ago. (This is why I only have four blogs instead of five.)
In addition, if I let three of my four blogs go, then I'll only be able to write within the context of the blog I choose to keep.

Pinterest Image: Notebook - I am starting a new blog and here's why.

So Here's What I've Decided to Do:


I'm starting a new blog and simply calling it my name:

Vickie Ewell.

This will enable me to consolidate all of my blogs into one large project, instead of four little ones.

It will also give me the added perk of being able to write about things that don't fit within the context of what I already write about.

The blog can realign with where my life is today, as well as offer you my insights and expertise in:
  • low carb
  • old-school Atkins
  • old-school Weight Watchers
  • intuitive eating
  • affordable gluten free cooking
  • gluten-free product reviews
  • life as a super-sensitive celiac
  • personal development
  • writing
However, I'm going to make the transition slowly.

I don't want to just ditch everything and start over until after I have that blog well underway, so I'll still be posting to my current blogs while trying to get my new blog off the ground.

The aim is to have just one blog come retirement, so the new blog is my latest writing project.

Why not drop by and say hi.

New Blog: Vickie Ewell

Vickie Ewell Bio


Comments

  1. Oh my, what an accomplishment. I'll be following your new blog too. It sounds good. Thank you so much for all you've done for the food and nutrition community and most of all thanks for sharing your valuable thoughts on each and every blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments. I really appreciate your support and comments, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment